12 Oct 2010

Materials (UVW Mapping)

I struggled greatly with materials last year and was extremely apprehensive with this stage of the head creation. This method though was much better and more detailed, and (eventually) sucessful.

To begin, selecting the faces of the head in an UNWRAP UVW modifier and relaxing this produced nice results. I will be honest, when doing this section, I did run into problems of having inverted faces and overlapping faces that I did ignore, but this was fixed later on. The ear was of a different scale, and so looked different.



Identifying a seam allowed the ear to be mapped with the PELT modifier. Again, naughtily I ignored the fact that the pelt did not work, because as you can see in the screens below it looks as if it is from the side view rather than being unwrapped.



I continued with the tutorial and welded the mirrored maps together, all ready for the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment