13 Oct 2010

Giving a touch of realism...

Progressing on with this organic modelling, I have now used Photoshop to create a texture map of the desired material (my face) to be attached to the mesh to create a realistic looking digital version of me.

After rendering the required guide, Photoshop was used to create the material for the mesh.



This was a good guide, especially now there were no overlapping or inverted faces. The only problem I had was when areas like the lips had so many edges bunched together, it was hard to distinguish where the certain features were meant to be placed.



I found it a lot easier to go ahead and apply the texture in a PSD format with collapsed layers to the mesh and keep 3ds max open and showing the 3d representation of what was going on as I adjusted the Photoshop file. It made it easier to see it visually, rather than try to imagine it.



Adding patches of the source photos was a timely procedure but gave effective results. The warp tool was especially helpful for moulding the patches into place within the mesh.



More and more patches were applied and progress was consistently reviewed in MAX.

No comments:

Post a Comment